Monday, June 1, 2009

"Celebrating the Arts in Full Bloom" Art Festival

On a different note than the posts from yesterday, I wanted to mention that I've been selected to participate in an art festival here in Tacoma. The festival is called "Celebrating the Arts in Full Bloom." It's being displayed this Saturday at the Tacoma Stake Center, one of the many LDS churches in the area, roughly between the Tacoma Community College and the Highlands Golf Course. If you can, I encourage you to attend. The program runs from 10 am til 8 pm and features fine art, music, performing and literary arts of local LDS artists.
I have two pieces of my fine art photography that I will be showing. One image is a popular favorite from the post-Katrina series that I did in Mississippi, another is from my travels abroad in France during the summer I lived in Europe. Both images demonstrate the different mediums of photography that I am adept at -film and digital. They are fine examples of my creative work. The festival coordinator has praised my photography as "adding another dimension" to the exhibit and with everything else that is in the program, I'm happy for the accolades. So be sure to make plans and attend! It's an all-day event!

No comments:

Post a Comment