Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Feast Your Eyes on This: Edible Art by Leonhardt -Garlic Chicken Hummus Wrap


Cooking is something of a hobby of mine. Usually I like to create something spontaneous from items at hand that I find in the kitchen. The results never disappoint. Though I consider it a hobby, friends have told me that I should abandon photography and pursue a career as a chef. Fortunately for Emeril and the Barefoot Contessa, I don't have plans to abandon my camera anytime soon.
One of the things that I would like to do though, is to incorporate my creativity in the kitchen with my blog. So this is going to be the first of many posts to come describing my adventures and successes in the kitchen. Prepare yourself for some tasty goodness of a different kind, and feast your eyes on this:

Garlic Chicken Hummus Wrap

Ingredients:
  • 3 strips of chicken tenders (pre-cooked)
  • 2 strips of bacon
  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • 1/3 of a white onion
  • 2 tbsp. of olive oil
  • 3 tbsp. of sliced black olives
  • 3 tbsp.of hummus
  • 1 tortilla wrap
  • pepperjack cheese (to spice things up)
  • cheese grater
  • cutting board
  • sharp knife
  • skillet
Instructions:
  1. On the cutting board, chop up the onion and the garlic; slice the bacon strips into quarter-inch pieces.
  2. Sauté the bacon, onion and garlic in the skillet over a medium heat. Add the olive oil.
  3. On the cutting board, cut the chicken strips into quarter-inch pieces, slice the strip lengthwise. Add the chicken to pan, along with the black olives.
  4. Cook ingredients for 10-12 minutes or until bacon is crisp and the onion and garlic are sautéed. Remove from heat.
  5. Heat the tortilla in a microwave for 25-30 seconds. Remove and cover the wrap's interior with the hummus.
  6. Add contents of the pan to the wrap. Cover with grated cheese to your satisfaction.
  7. Wrap things up and enjoy!
Not too bad for a meal made on the spot! I'll definitely be making more of these in the future. A quick and tasty recipe to feast your eyes -and stomach- on. And if that doesn't put a smile on your face, perhaps this will: a parting photo of my assistant in the kitchen, Miss Ophelia herself.
So treat your eyes -or stomach- on a tasty wrap and we'll see you for the next update of Edible Art by Leonhardt.

No comments:

Post a Comment