Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For...

Craigslist is often a source of jobs and gigs for any creative that knows to visit on a regular basis. At times, though, some of the gigs posted are too rich for words. Such as the following:

beautiful/hansome pool person (Burien)

I am having a party for my daughter and need someone to stay by the pool for 3 hours.There will be other adults with the kids (mostly 11 year olds)but last time I could not count on them to stay there or make sure another adult was supervising.You can wear your suit,lay in the sun,swim and eat.I would prefer someone very attractive as I feel it will help to keep some of the adults by the pool.I need you to be there on Friday July 24th from 3pm-6pm.Please reply with photo.
  • Location: Burien
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: $30 cash
For $30? That doesn't sound like too much pay. Seems like this woman is fishing among the dregs for this one. She's obviously not going for the refined, well mannered cabana boys with a payment like that. They say be careful what you wish for, but can you imagine this poor mother's reaction if she received a photo like this one attached to an email?
I don't know if it's only me, but that guy is exactly the type of person I see responding to the ad. Perhaps this woman should save herself the hassle and stay by the pool on this one. Me? I'm flagging the ad for Best of Craigslist. Consider this another cautionary tale from the guy bringing you the vitamins for your optic nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment