Monday, January 31, 2011

Cupid Stole My Heart, pt. 1

So after posting only three images this morning, I received an inquiry into one of the prints being purchased. Happily, for everyone involved, I have a total of 25 photos that complete that series of images. So here is the first of a few updates, with several more of the images for you to view.
More images from the series that I shot in coastal Mississippi, roughly a year after Hurricane Katrina tore her way through the Gulf of Mexico.
Like I mentioned this morning, email me with a subject header "Cupid Stole My Heart" and you'll receive 15% off the price of a print. Sizes vary from 6"x6" to 10"x10" plus a large-sized 14"x14" and even a grandiose 20"x20" - so take advantage of the sale and get something beautiful to gift on Valentine's Day!
One of the focal points for this series was to emphasize the beauty that arises from unnoticed details. From an event so tragic, it's possible to find a piece of something beautiful in the small things that, quite often, tend to escape unnoticed to the occupied mind.
This image is available in a diptych -also a potential triptych- and is quite possibly one of the most dangerous images I have ever created. As you can see, the entire wall had caved in and made the foundation of the building very unsteady -especially for someone shooting photos on the 2nd floor.
So feel free to email me to receive a discount in time for Valentine's Day! More images to come, more vitamins for your optic nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment