Sunday, April 26, 2009

Globetrotters at the Key

Tonight's job was a lot of fun because I was hired to shoot photography for the Harlem Globetrotters. They are closing out their yearly tour, with Key Arena being their penultimate stop. As you can see, Key Arena was full of people excited to see the Globetrotters and their game of hijinks. I remember going to see them play when I was a little kid. I bet a lot of the players' ball skills are similar, but their pranks against the other team definitely have been updated!
After the game ended, with a dramatic comeback by the Globetrotters to secure the victory, I was tasked with shooting fan photos of the players signing autographs for their fans. This young face was the hopes of all the eager children waiting in line to get their jerseys and basketballs signed.
One of the Globetrotters' main players, Big Easy, was an obliging star and scrawled his name on more schwag than I thought possible.
Taking photos at the Globetrotters game was a lot of fun. The game was great. I spent most of my time between shots with a grin on my face. Sometimes those are the jobs that are the easiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment